This is my favourite dish for CNY , a must have for my family which all of us really enjoyed.
Quite a simple dish to prepare yet very satisfying so long as you love waxed meats [Chinese sausages, waxed duck meat etc].
3 bowls cooked rice [I used 1 1/2 cup rice - washed and cooked in rice cooker]
1 piece waxed duck meat - breast part
2 pieces Chinese sausages [I used the short and fatter type]
1 chicken thigh - skin removed - cut strips
some finely shredded ginger
some shredded spring onions
[mix and boil together]
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
1/2 - 1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
a dash of pepper
- Boil waxed duck meat in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinsed. Sliced.
- Remove the wrapping of Chinese sausage and sliced thinly.
- Marinate chicken strips with a little oil and cornflour.
- Place rice in 3 bowls or small casserole dish. Arrange the 3 different meats on top of rice. Top with some shredded ginger.
- Steam over high heat for at least 25-30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- Before serving, spoon sauce over steamed rice and garnish with shredded spring onions.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover