Followers

Friday, February 15, 2013

Meatballs for Steamboat II

My mum would prepare this home-made meatballs for the family whenever we had steamboat.  I learned to make them from her and have been making them for my MIL too.  My SIL's family came for steamboat during the CNY and she said they are good and asked for the recipe.

Please visit this post [Homemade Meatballs for Steamboat] for the recipe.  The photos above is the batch that I made for my MIL's CNY reunion dinner.
Ingredients for meatballs
Meatball paste

I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

Nasi Lemak Lover

7 comments:

Mich Piece of Cake said...

Your meat balls look absolutely delicious!

PH said...

Kimmy, this is my favorite ingredient for steamboat. I always like meatballs!

kimmy said...

Hi Mich and Phong Hong, they are delicious. Once you have these for steamboat, you will not go for the store bought fishballs and meatballs.
My brother didn't know I shared this family recipe here.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Kimmy, thanks for sharing , I don't like to take fish balls and it is expensive during CNY, next time I must try to make meat balls instead or homemade fish balls .

kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, for the first time, try to make a smaller portion to see if you like it.

Jenny said...

Hi kimmy,

Thanks for sharing. I have some queries below:

1)Is it necessary that I must steam the meatballs first before using in the steamboat?

2)Balance meatballs, you mentioned can just coat with flour to keep in the fridge?

3)If I make more meatballs, do I have to steam them first to keep in fridge or I could just keep them raw in the freezer? How long can I keep them?

Sorry to have some many questions. Thanks.

kimmy said...

Hi Jenny, yes, the meatballs must be steamed for 20-25 minutes, cooled and transfered to an airtight container before storing in the freezer. Keeps well for at least 2-3 weeks. If frying the leftover meatballs kept in the freezer, thaw to room temperature, then coat with flour before frying until golden brown.