Followers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day 2012

My dear father - Ong Kok Beng @ Ong Khit Thow
This Father's Day is no longer a day of celebration for me and  my siblings.  It's the first time that our privilege to celebrate this day with our father no longer holds.  We can only recall memories on how we celebrated each Father's Day with him in the past.  The reason is that he has been called to rest 8 months ago. 
Since his passing [Passing of My Beloved Papa] we have come by my occasions that we are experiencing for the first time doing many, many things without him but memories of the past still linger on clearly.   We recall what he had said then and his actions, his laughters and satisfactions on how things were done.   Definitely we missed him alot and we never are going to have the chance to experience it again. He has been a great father to me and my siblings.  
We remembered how we planned to celebrate this day with him every year.  We cracked our heads to think what are the food he loves and where he would prefer to have a dinner. I would think of what cakes to bake for him.  All these years he had never ever demand or request any kind of celebration.  He was always happy with whatever was planned and arranged for him. 
I remember these were some of his favourite dishes and many more.  Sometimes when the dish was so good, he would liked to keep for his children and grandchildren, he would only savoured on the gravy.
  1. Stir Fry Sambal Eggplant
  2. Stir Fry Sambal Sweet Potato Leaves
  3. Stingray Curry with Ladies Fingers
  4. Steamed Minced Meat with Eggs
  5. Java Mee
  6. Chicken Curry
  7. Penang Hokkien Mee [Prawn Noodles]
  8. Fried Sago Cake [Sago Char]
  9. Stir fry Spicy Stingray with Preserved Vegetable
  10. Ping Pei Mooncake
  11. Koong Chye Peang [Figurine Mooncake]
  12. Steamed Meat Paus
My hope to all who still have their fathers, to always truly love and care for their beloved Papa and to enjoy every moment with him for there may be a day, you may experience and feel the way I feel now.  Never tell your Papa you have no time for him because there will be a time when your Papa has no time for you.   To my dear father, we loved and missed you.

I also hope that all fathers of the world to always truly love and care to spend time on this day with their children so that this day for the years to come will bring back good memories for all.

Wishing all fathers 
'HAPPY FATHER'S DAY'.


2 comments:

WendyinKK said...

I sooo feel for you. *HUGS*

Now my mom is getting old at 65, I already feel I want to spend as much time as I can with her, make her everything she wants to eat. Bring her everywhere she wants to go.
She has worked too hard after being widowed 23 years ago.

Kimmy said...

Wendy, TQ for your understanding. You are doing the right thing. Your mum must be very proud of you and happy. She may not express it but you can feel it in her little gestures.