A simple chiffon cake, using honey. The texture is soft and chewy. Simple ingredients and easy to prepare.
Ingredients for Egg Yolk Mixture
3 egg yolks [used large eggs]
4 tbsp honey
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp milk
- Whisk egg yolks with honey till creamy, then drizzle in oil. Continue whisking for awhile then drizzle in milk. Fold in flour until well combined. Set aside while you whisk the egg white. Preheat oven at 160 degrees.
125 gm cake flour - sifted
Ingredients for Egg White Mixture
3 egg white3 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Whisk egg white until frothy, add in cream of tartar. Continue whisking, when foamy, gradually add in sugar in 2-3 batches. Whisk until soft peaks formed.
- Fold in 1/3 portion of meringue into egg yolk mixture till well combined. Then fold mixture into rest of meringue till well incorporated.
- Pour batter into 7" chiffon pan. Knock a few times on tabletop to release trapped air. Bake in lower rack of preheated oven at 160 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Invert pan immediately after baking to cool cake before removing from pan.