120 gm yee meen [2 pcs] - blanched with hot water to soften - drain in colander
50 gm meat - sliced [can replace with chicken meat]
100 gm shelled prawns
2 stalks choy sum [mustard leaves] - cut [use cabbage if you don't have choy sum]
1-2 tsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp oil
red chilli shreds and fried shallots - garnishing
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1-2 tsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt to taste
1/4 tsp pepper
dash of msg to taste
1 cup hot water or stock
- Heat oil in wok, saute garlic until fragrant. Add in the meat and prawns. Stir fry until prawns are firm.
- Add in vegetables, yee meen and all the seasoning. Stir fry on medium high heat to combine well.
- Pour in hot water/stock. Stir to combine and bring it to a boil. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Dish out to serve when noodles are cooked and gravy is slightly reduced.
- Garnish with fried shallots and shredded red chilli. Serve with sambal belacan if prefered.