This recipe makes 9 pieces of buns in a 9"x9" square tin. However, I doubled the quantity to make 25 buns using a 24cm square tin to bake them as I am sharing with my neighbour. The dough is very soft. The next time I will bake just this quantity using the 9" tin as it is easier to handle.
These buns are soft and moist. Worth trying
Recipe Source - One Publisher - Koleksi Roti
70 gm castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
40 gm potato flour
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
150 ml cold water
260 gm bread flour
1 tbsp skim milk powder
60 gm butter
egg glaze [I used milk]
Custard mix [use instant custard powder mix with some water into a smooth paste]
- Combine ingredients A and B together, then add in ingredients C. Knead until a soft, smooth dough is formed [about 7-10 minutes].
- Add in butter. Continue to knead from low speed to combine butter and dough.
- Then continue to knead dough on medium high speed until it is soft, smooth and elastic.
- Flour hands and shape dough into a round ball. Cover to let dough rest for 30 minutes or rise to double in size.
- Punch down, divide dough into 9 equal portions [about 50gm each].
- Shape into round balls and place in a greased baking tray.
- Leave dough to rise until double in size. Brush egg glaze/milk on bread dough. Put custard paste in a piping bag. Press custard mix on the surface of each bun in a cross pattern.
- Bake on middle rack of preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes.