Followers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Durian Paste Filling for Mooncake

Came across the recipe from Amy Beh's newspaper article and not too sure how the paste looks like. Anyway, since I have some durian flesh available [it is durian 'King of Fruits' season in Penang now], I went ahead to prepare it. This is with reduced sugar and oil.
Durian Paste 
Ingredients
450 gm durian flesh - mashed
220 gm sugar [I reduced to 200 gm]
60 gm oil [I used 3 tbsp]
1 tbsp oil 
Mixing durian flesh with sugar, stir on low heat [beginning]
Paste after stirring for 15 - 20 minutes and oil added
Paste ready after about 30 minutes
  • Put 1 tbsp oil in a non stick saucepan. Add in durian flesh and sugar. Stir and cook till dry [takes about 20 minutes.
  • Gradually add in oil, 1 tbsp at a time. Stir continuously on low heat until paste is dry and looks shiny. 
  • Dish out to cool completely before storing in refrigerator for later use.

6 comments:

catherine said...

Wish I can try ur method of making the durian paste...coz all those ready made is too sweet.

Kimmy said...

Hi Catherine, thanks for visiting my blog. This is quite an easy recipe to make durian paste.

Unknown said...

Hi kimmy, can this be use for the mooncake durian paste?

Kimmy said...

Hi Adeline, sorry for the late response. I was away for about 2 weeks. Yes, this is actually a mooncake filling paste.

Unknown said...

Hi thinkg of making durian paste. Can yr recipe be used for bun filling? Thanks

Kimmy said...

Hi Unknown, I don't recommend this for bun filling because it is too sweet. You may need to reduce the sugar.