|Very soft and fluffy chiffon cake|
I bought some blueberry filling but could not find a suitable recipe for the chiffon cake until I came across a recipe for Raspberry Chiffon Cake from Happy Flour. So I just substitute the raspberry filling with blueberry filling and use tablespoon to measure some of the ingredients. The cake mixture was simple and good.
|Ingredients for Egg Yolk Mixture|
3 egg yolks [large eggs]
1 tbsp castor sugar
3 tbsp corn oil
1/4 tsp salt
70 gm blueberry filling mix together with 50 ml water
90 gm plain flour sifted with 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Use a hand whisk, mix egg yolks, sugar and salt together till combined. Add in oil tablespoon by tablespoon and mix well after each addition, then add in the blueberry/water mixture. Lightly mix until well combined, then fold in the sifted flour. Stir till smooth and set aside.
3 egg whites [large eggs]
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3 tbsp castor sugar
|Egg White Whisked until soft/stiff peaks|
|1/3 Meringue folded into egg yolk mixture|
|Egg mixture transfered to tube pan for baking|
- Whisk egg white using an electric mixer with a whisk hook until frothy, then add in the cream of tartar. Continue whisking [medium to high speed] all the time and gradually add in the sugar. Whisk until soft to stiff peaks form. Meringue is ready.
- Before whisking egg whites, preheat oven at 170 degrees.
- Fold in 1/3 of meringue to egg yolk mixture until well combined. Then fold into the balance meringue. Fold lightly until mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Pour into an ungreased 7 inch tube pan. Smoothen the top and tap the pan on table top a few times to release trapped air.
- Bake in preheated oven on lower rack for 35- 40 minutes [with my oven, I baked for 35 minutes only].
- Remove and invert immediately to cool cake completely before removing from pan.