|Chrysanthemum and Licorice Tea|
Weather in Penang is hot and humid. Sometimes really unbearable till you can feel sickly. Consulted TCM [traditional chinese medicine] and was advised to try boiling this tea which is believed to be able to regulate the body's 'yin and yang'. Checked up Chrysanthemum Tea Fact Life and here is something to share with all.
Chrysanthemum Tea [CT] is one of China's most popular herbal teas. CT well known for its cooling properties that help to decrease body heat. Taste wise, very refreshing and has a natural sweet fragrance and taste. Brewing it with either some licorice or rock sugar for additional sweetness.
|Chrysanthemum Flowers and Licorice|
CT improves cloudy vision and gradually reduces liver inflammation. Also use in TCM to help cure high blood pressure, heart colic, coronary heart disease, high cholesterol, relieve congestion, palpitation, short breath, dizziness, migraine headache, cold, flu etc. Regular use is believed to lead to "energetic body, better vision and hearing, alert brain and longevity".
10 gm chrysanthemum flower [I used the flower bud type]
8 pieces of licorice stems
1 litre water
|Put all ingredients in pot to boil|
|When water boils, continue boiling for 10-15 minutes.|
ChrysanthemumTea is ready
- Wash and drain the chrysanthemum flowers and licorice. Add in to a pot of water. Bring water to a boil until boiling.
- After water boils continue to boil for a further 10-15 minutes. Off fire and leave to cool. Serve hot or cold.
- The licorice will give some sweetness to the drink
- Rock sugar can be added if the drink is for children
- Can be kept in the refrigerator is serving cold