This the first time I have came across this bread [recipe HERE]. My hubby loves flat bread which can be used as a wrap for vegetables and meat or eat it with hot curry.
This bread tastes of honey and has a slight sweetness that can be eaten on its own. Soft and moist.Ingredients
[makes 8-10 pieces]
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
280 gm all-purpose flour
1 tsp instant yeast
- Put all ingredients into the mixer bowl [except butter]. Knead until soft and smooth. Add in butter. Continue kneading until soft, smooth and elastic.
- Cover dough and leave to rise until double its size.
- Punch down dough, divide into 8-10 equal pieces. Roll each piece to a thin rough circle about 1/8 inch thick.
- Heat a large dry skillet or an electric griddle, over medium-high heat [Do Not use any oil]. Cook 15 seconds, flip and cook the other side for about 10-15 seconds, until mottled brown spots appear. Do not over cook.
- Cool and wrap in foil. Keep in a plastic bag, use them at once or refrigerate or freeze.