- You can bake them as muffins [12 ] or a cake.
- Making the cake is a breeze. It's so fast I couldn't believe it especially when I had all the ingredients ready.
- The cake is really good - soft, moist and fluffly [even on the next day]
- I learned from her that by greasing and flouring the sides of the baking tin [I used my brand new loose base round baking tin], the finished cake will give a nice golden crust. This is true.
[makes one 7" cake]
Ingredients A - sifted together
150 gm cake flour2 gm ground cinnamon [I used 1/4 tsp]
4 gm baking powder [I used 3/4 tsp]
2 gm baking soda [I used 1/3 tsp]
1 gm salt [I used 1/6 tsp]
Ingredients B - whisk to combine
2 large eggs
80 gm caster sugar [I used 60 gm]
70 ml vegetable oil [I used canola oil]
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
70 gm walnuts, coarsely chopped [reserve 1 tablespoon as toppings] - can substitute with any nuts or dried fruits
- Toast chopped walnuts at 150 degrees C for about 8 to 10 minutes, stir in between and make sure walnuts do not get burnt.
- Line base of a 7" round pan with removable base with parchment paper, grease (with butter) and flour the sides. Set aside.
- Sieve together cake flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Place eggs, caster sugar, oil and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. With a manual whisk, whisk to combine.
- Add mashed banana, whisk to combine.
- Sieve over the flour mixture, with a spatula, fold the mixture until just incorporated. Do not over mix. The batter should appear lumpy.
- Add in chopped walnuts (set aside 1 tablespoon to use as toppings), stir just to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Tap the pan a few times on work surface to release any trapped air bubbles. Sprinkle the top with the remaining walnuts.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 175 degrees C for 30-35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, leave to cool for 5mins. Unmould and transfer to wire rack, let cool completely.
Note from HHBRecipe source: adapted from 我的幸福手作面包，李成实