Anyway, I just baked these muffins supposed to be healthy using oatmeal and bananas. These muffins are not sweet or oily.
[makes 12 muffins]
3 cups oats [I used quick cooking oats]
3/4 tbsp baking powder
3 medium size ripe bananas - mashed
1 cup UHT milk [can use vanilla almond milk]
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp mini chocolate chips + 1 tbsp for toppings
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Using another bowl, beat eggs, honey and oil together. Add in vanilla and milk. Mix well and pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients. Lightly mix to combine ingredients. Set aside to rest.
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Scoop batter into baking tray lined with paper casings to 3/4 full.
- Baked for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Test with skewer before removing muffins to cool on wire rack.
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #21: Gluten-Free Bakes (July 2012)
hosted by Hankerie.