This is one of the many recipes shared in a Chinese TV cook show which features lots of homey Mama's home-cooked dishes. Their home cooked dishes are tasty and good with rice or porridge.
This dish tastes good just cooked or even better after resting with the ingredients absorbing the flavours. The tomatoes give this dish a sweet, sourish taste while the chicken is tender and the black fungus are crunchy. The red wine residuum give a unique aroma to this dish. It is a healthy dish, too with the use of red wine residuum known for regulating blood cholesterol levels.Ingredients
2 deboned chicken whole leg with skin - cut bite size pieces
1 piece wood ear black fungus - soaked and cut into smaller pieces
1 tomato - cut wedges
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp red wine residuum [ang chow]salt and sugar to taste
- Heat a non-stick wok without oil, pan fry chicken pieces, skin side first until brown and oil oozes out. Flip over to fry the meat sides.
- Add in ginger to fry until aromatic, then add in Ang Chow, black fungus and seasoning. Stir to mix well, then add in water.
- Bring to boil, add in tomatoes and continue to cook until water is reduced and gravy is thick.
- Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Add in spring onions, dish up to serve with rice.