Sometimes it is good to have in hand a variety of sauces that is easy to prepare to go with fried meat [poultry or pork etc]. This sauce is an easy sauce which is suitable for fried pork fillet or fried chicken and the common ingredients like Apple Cider Vinegar, soy sauce, wine, sugar and pepper are available in most kitchens.
This dish looks simple yet it taste awesome, appetising and tasty to serve with rice. I ate more rice with this dish which tastes sourish, sweet and savoury. The mushrooms and pork fillets are full of flavours and aromatic.
200 gm streaky pork fillet - cut 2 inch lengths
4-6 dried mushrooms - soaked, drained and keep whole
1 tbsp each of chopped garlic, red chillies and spring onions
Seasoning Sauce [combined]
2 tbsp each Apple Cider Vinegar, light soy sauce and wine
1 tsp sugar to taste
- Marinate pork pieces with some light soy sauce.
- Heat up a non-stick wok without oil, pan fry streaky pork fillet and dried mushrooms until brown and fragrant.
- Remove excess oil from the pan, saute garlic until fragrant. Pour in combined sauce and add in 100 ml water.
- Bring sauce to boil with fried ingredients. Lower heat and braise until sauce is thick or reduced. Add in spring onions and red chillies.
- Dish up and serve with rice.
Note: Increase the sauce ingredients if you are cooking a bigger portion of meat.