I have bookmarked this recipe of Angel - Cook Bake Love long, long time ago until recently I came across this sponge cupcake post in one of the food blogs. I told myself that I must make it soon since I'm in the mood of baking cupcakes. Must say I didn't regret making these right away with some toppings. With the toppings there is value added and looks pretty tempting. I used meat floss and Japanese seaweeds [tasted sweet and savoury]. My hubby said it's GOOD. It's a keeper.
|Visit this site for Its' Nutritional Facts [here]|
Recipe Source - Cook Bake Love
Ingredients[makes 20-22 cupcakes depending on the size of the cupcake cases]
3 egg yolks [I used A size eggs]
1 whole eggs
50 ml corn oil
a pinch of salt
50 gm low protein flour [superfine flour]
3 egg whites
50 gm castor sugar
enough meat floss and Japanese seaweed
- Separate the eggs into 2 separate mixing bowls.
- Beat egg yolks and one whole egg with oil and salt until well mixed. Fold in the sifted flour. Mix well - the batter is quite thick.
- Whisk egg whites with sugar in 3 additions until stiff peaks.
- Fold in egg whites to egg yolk batter in 3 additions until batter is smooth and well combined.
- Scoop batter into prepared cupcake cases until 60-70% full. Place toppings on top and lightly pressed with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven at 150 degrees C for 18 minutes. Switch to top heat and continue to bake for 2-3 minutes to brown the top.
- Remove and cool on wire rack.