This fried noodle dish is a good option for weekend lunch especially the days when you are not in mood to cook yet have to cook cos' you prefer to eat in.
Served with sambal belacan or cut red chillies it's a good light meal.
2 pieces beehoon [about 150 gm] - soaked for 5 minutes - drained
2 dried mushrooms - soaked and cut strips
1 tbsp dried prawns - rinsed and drained
2 tbsp chopped chai por - rinsed and drained
a few stalks of chives - washed and cut about 1 inch length
1 tbsp chopped garlic
150 ml water
some fried shallot crisps - optional
2 tbsp oil
some light soy sauce,msg and pepper to taste
- Fry chai por and dried prawns in wok without oil until aromatic. Push aside.
- Add oil, saute garlic until fragrant, add in mushrooms then push back the dried prawns and chai por to mix. Stir fry awhile then add in water and seasoning to taste.
- Bring to boil, then add in meehoon, stir to mix ingredients together. Cover to cook for a few minutes, add in chives.
- Stir fry until water dries up and meehoon is soft.
- Dish out to serve. Top with garnishing.
Visit this site for Its' Nutritional Facts [here]