A flavourful, tasty and yummy pork rib dish worth cooking in your kitchen.
My family enjoyed it very much.Seen this fragrant pork ribs recipe [Taiwanese style] in a cooking show. Made it several times and like it very much. Initially, I used to deep fry the pork ribs, now I just brown them [so that I don't need much oil]. Not difficult to cook but needs some time to simmer until the meat separates easily from the bones when you bite at it yet not too tender. This dish can be cooked earlier and served later just by reheating. I supposed you can also slow cook it in the slow cooker after the frying process if you didn't want to keep checking on it [should need less water if cooking in the slow cooker].
600 gm meaty pork ribs
- marinate with 1/2 - 1 tbsp dark soy sauce for 1-2 hours
a few slices of ginger
2 pieces star anise
1 stalk spring onions - cut 1 inch length
some oil for frying pork ribs
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp light soy sauce
wine and water
1 tbsp vinegar
- Deep fry pork ribs until brown or brown pork ribs in wok. Remove oil.
- Using the same wok, saute ginger slices and spring onions over low heat until aromatic.
- Add in the fried pork ribs, star anise, soy sauce, wine and sugar.
- Fry awhile and add in enough water to cover pork ribs.
- Bring to boil, reduce to low heat, simmer until ribs are tender [about 1-2 hours]. Add more water if necessary.
- Lastly add in rock sugar and vinegar. Simmer for a minute or two until gravy is reduced and glazed the pork ribs [the meat and bones should separate easily].
Visit this site for Its' Nutritional Facts [here]