Egg-cellent omelette with simple ingredients. Very fragrant and aromatic basil leaves and crispy fried garlic and ginger make this omelette, hmmm ... delicious with rice or on its own.Ingredients
[recipe from Kuali.com]
4 eggs - lightly beaten with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1 tsp shaoxing wine
A bunch of fresh basil leaves - plucked, rinsed, drained and chopped
2 tbsp minced ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
1-2 tbsp oil
1 tsp sesame oil and 1 tsp oil
- Heat sesame oil and oil in a non stick pan to saute garlic and ginger until golden and crispy. Dish out.
- Mix basil leaves with beaten eggs.
- Heat oil in pan over medium low heat. Pour in egg mixture [can fry in 2 batches].
- Leave to fry gently until done. Flip half omelette to make a half moon and fry until omelette is cooked through.
- Cut into triangle slices with the wok turner. Dish out on serving plate.
- Top with fried crispy ginger and garlic before serving.
I'm linking this post to
Little Thumbs Up August Theme - Eggs organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by