Since cooking the Sri Lankan Curry Fish [see post] which was yummy delicious, I thought it would be good to try the chicken curry which I saw at Veronica's Kitchen. Next in line would be prawn or may be mixed vegetables...
[recipe adapted from Veronica's Kitchen with some modifications]
Curry Paste [mix other ingredients to blended onion and garlic together]
1 onion - cut small pieces
4 cloves garlic - cut small pieces
4 slices ginger
10 dried chillies - soaked and deseeded
1 red chilli - cut small pieces [optional]
- blend the above ingredients in a processor until fine. Mix with the powdered ingredients and set aside.
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp tumeric powder
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tsp fennel powder
1 onion - sliced
4 green small chillies - sliced
4 sprigs curry leaves
1 1/2 tsp fenugreek and mustard seeds
3 tbsp oil
500 ml water or thin coconut milk [Iused 400 ml water]
125 ml thick coconut milk or milk [I used 50 ml]
1 tsp each of salt and sugar to taste
- Heat oil in pan, fry aromatics until fragrant. Add in curry paste. Fry until oil separates and aromatic. Add in the marinated chicken.
- Continue to stir fry until the chicken is well coated with curry paste and firm.
- Add in water or thin coconut milk. Bring to boil, lower heat to simmer until is tender [about 10-15 minutes].
- Add in milk or thick coconut milk and seasoning to taste.
- Dish up to serve with rice. This curry is more flavourful and tasted better after some time.