This is nice simple curry which I have cooked several times. The recipe was adapted from Faridah Begum shared in the local newspaper. The curry base is also suitable for cooking seafood [fish/prawns and squids].
Eggs [any number - I cooked 4 eggs]
2 tbsp fish curry powder
1 tbsp kurma curry powder [I replace with 1 tsp each of cumin and fennel powder]
salt to taste
1 onion - sliced
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tbsp fenugreek or halba
1-2 tbsp cooking oil
1 cup water
1 cup coconut milk or milk or yoghurt
1 tomato - cut into wedges
1 green chilli - halved and seeded
some coriander leaves- cut into 1 inch lengths
- Mix both curry powders and salt with some water into a paste.
- Heat oil in a pot, saute onions, fenugreek and curry leaves until aromatic. Add in curry paste.
- Fry until oil separates, pour in water and milk. Bring to boil.
- Break one egg at a time into a small bowl. Slide each egg into the curry from the sides of the pot.
- Reduce heat and let the eggs cook for about 3-5 minutes before stirring the curry.
- Add in the tomatoes and chilli. Simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Add in the coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice.
I'm linking this post to