I love Pie Tee and the vegetable filling but I'm too lazy to make the pie tee shells. Before CNY, ready fried Pie Tee shells are sold in some wet markets. Since it isn't CNY, I just prepared the vegetable filling and enjoyed it with fresh lettuce leaves. It's quite similar to most of the stir fried jicama recipes. The difference is probably the portion of the various ingredients used. Crab meat can also be used to substitute prawns if you like.Ingredients
[recipe adapted from an article written by Ivy Soon published in the Star newspaper]
200 gm prawns - shelled and coarsely chopped
150 gm lean or fatty pork - blanched and cut thin strips [optional]
5-6 mushrooms - soaked and sliced thinly
2 pieces firm beancurd -julienned and fried until firm
2-3 tbsp oil
3-4 garlic - finely chopped
800 gm sengkuang [yambean] - cut thin shreds
1 carrot - cut thin shreds
2 leeks - sliced thinly
200 gm French beans - sliced thinly
salt, msg and pepper to taste
- Prepare ingredients as above.
- Heat oil in wok, saute mushrooms, add garlic. Saute until aromatic, add in prawns. Stir fry and add in meat. Stir to mix.
- Add in the sengkuang and carrot. Stir to mix and fry until vegetables are limp. Add in fried beancurd.
- Add seasoning to taste, then add in leeks and french beans. Continue stir frying until vegetables are cooked.
- Dish out to serve with pie tee shells or fresh lettuce leaves.