Tasted this omelette at the super mart promoting Tom Yum paste. It was aromatic with kaffir lime leaves and the main seasoning is fish sauce. The spiciness can be adjusted according to own preference [add more tom yum paste but add just a little fish sauce as some store bought Tom Yum paste could be rather salty].
[makes 3 pieces omelette]
10 pieces kaffir lime leaves - remove center stems and finely shredded
1/2 tsp tom yum paste [not spicy with this amount]
fish sauce and a dash of msg to taste
1/2 tsp cornflour
- Mix all ingredients [except eggs] together. Then beat in the eggs.
- Heat up a non stick pan with some oil. Pour in 1/3 of the egg mixture.
- Fry until firm and slightly golden around the edges.
- Flip over to fry the other side until golden and omelette is cooked.
- Dish up to serve with rice or sandwich bread.
I'm linking this post to
Little Thumbs Up August Theme - Eggs organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out
I'm submitting this post to Asian Food Fest - November 2013
hosted by Lena of Frozen Wings