A simple cheesecake baked using cheddar cheese slices for my cousin. Her children loves the buttery rich taste of this cake. The cake should be baked in a 6 inch pan but I used a 7 inch pan, that's the cause of the cake not be taller.
[use 6 inch loose base round pan]
3 slices cheddar cheese
50 gm butter
50 ml fresh milk
3 large eggs
50 gm cake flour or superfine flour
3 egg whites
50 gm castor sugar
- Preheat oven at 150 degrees C with a water bath. Grease and line a 6 inch loose base round baking pan.
- Place cheddar cheese slices, butter and milk in a saucepan. Over medium low heat, stir gently until all is melted. Mix together and set aside for 5-10 minutes to cool before using.
- Whisk egg yolks until creamy and drizzle in the butter and milk mixture. Stir well.
- Add sifted flour and fold until smooth
- Whisk egg whites in another mixing bowl until foamy. Add in the sugar gradually and beat until stiff peaks formed.
- Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites into the cheese mixture. Mix in the balance and be careful not to deflate it.
- Pour batter into baking tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.