This cookie has the tangy taste of lemon and sweetness from the dried apricot. Nice and easy to make that does not require moulding, just pinch and drop the dough onto baking tray.
[makes about 150 pieces]
200 gm butter
160 gm castor sugar
60 gm yoghurt
1 large egg
1/2 tsp salt
1-2 tbsp grated lemon zest
100 gm dried apricots - cut small cubes
380 gm plain flour - sifted
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Combine butter, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, then beat in egg and yoghurt.
- Gradually fold in sifted flour and baking powder into creamed mixture until well combined.
- Add in dried apricots and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough about a cm apart onto prepared lined baking trays.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees C for 15-20 minutes or until cookies are fluffy and golden around edges.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before storing in airtight container.
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover