This dates [kurma] cookie does not require moulds. A drop cookie mixture type that's fast to make and bake.
180 gm butter
130-150 gm caster sugar
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp double cream - optional
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 large egg
250 gm self raising flour
50 gm rice flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
180 gm dates [kurma] -seeds removed and cut into thin strips or chips
- Sieve self raising flour, rice flour and bicarbonate of soda together. Mix in the dates to flour mixture.
- Cream butter with sugar, salt and vanilla essence until light and fluffy. Add in egg and double cream or thick milk. Beat until creamy and light.
- Fold in sifted flour and dates to cream mixture. Mix well
- Drop a teaspoonful of dough onto baking tray lined with parchment paper, leaving some space in between dough.
- Baked in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to cool on wire rack before storing in airtight container.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover