We had this stir fry vegetable with lemon grass chicken [see here for recipe] and rice. A simple 2 dish meal for three. Was told that it's good to eat broccoli whenever you have meat dish for meal cos' the broccoli will neutralise the acidity of meat. Thus more healthy for our body. True or false.......I don't know. But I definitely like both these 2 dishes.
150 gm cauliflower - cut florets
150 gm broccoli - cut florets
50 gm carrots - sliced
2-3 dried mushrooms - soaked, cut thick slices
2-3 black fungus - soaked, break into bite size pieces
1 piece fried beancurd skin - cut bite size pieces
several thin slices of ginger
1-2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp oil
150 ml water
1 tsp cornstarch + 2 tsp water to thicken
- Prepare the above ingredients. Heat oil in wok, saute dried mushrooms and ginger until aromatic.
- Add in the black fungus and fried beancurd skin. Stir well to mix .
- Add in the cauliflower and carrots. Fry for several seconds. Add in seasoning and water.
- Bring to a boil to cook cauliflower until tender. Add in broccoli and stir to mix well.
- Stir in thickening when broccoli turns bright green. Bring gravy to a boil again. Dish out to serve immediately.