This is a CNY cookie from Cheah of No Frills. It's a lovely cookies which is 'soh, soh, soh' [very crispy]. My hubby says it is nicer than peanut cookies which are soft and melt-in the mouth. This cookie has a bite but very buttery too.
I made two portions of this recipe which yields about 120 pieces [2 bottles] Chinese Walnut Biscuit.
[original recipe from Cheah of No Frills]
250 gm self raising flour
80 gm castor sugar [I used 60 gm icing sugar]
50 gm coarsely chopped roasted walnut [I grind them fine]
150 gm margarine
1 egg beaten with a pinch of salt for glazing
- Sift the self-raising flour into a mixing bowl.
- Cut in the margarine, add in the sugar and the chopped walnuts.
- Mix thoroughly until the dough does not stick onto the hands.
- Pinch off some dough and form into a ball, make a small dent in the centre. Place the biscuits onto a baking sheet, leaving some room between each biscuit.
- Brush them with beaten egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 degrees C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before storing in cookie jar.
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
Kimmy, so this is just using hand to mix? Is it ok if I use butter instead of margarine?
Hi Phong Hong, it should be more fragrant. Yes, just like making pastry and the dough is like peanut cookie dough.
Kimmy, looks yummy, this is one of my favorites CNY cookies. I wanted to make these for the past two years but did not get to it. Haiyah, don't know I will make this for this CNY or not.
Hi Quay Po, shared it with my friend, she likes it too but can only make them next CNY. Glad, I made them this time, those who tried likes it.
Thanks for the link, Kimmy. Busy with making cookies, not much time to blog hop!
Hi Cheah, finally finished making cookies. Other chores waiting to be done before and after CNY.
Post a Comment