This is a CNY cookie from Cheah of No Frills. It's a lovely cookies which is 'soh, soh, soh' [very crispy]. My hubby says it is nicer than peanut cookies which are soft and melt-in the mouth. This cookie has a bite but very buttery too.
I made two portions of this recipe which yields about 120 pieces [2 bottles] Chinese Walnut Biscuit.
[original recipe from Cheah of No Frills]
250 gm self raising flour
80 gm castor sugar [I used 60 gm icing sugar]
50 gm coarsely chopped roasted walnut [I grind them fine]
150 gm margarine
1 egg beaten with a pinch of salt for glazing
- Sift the self-raising flour into a mixing bowl.
- Cut in the margarine, add in the sugar and the chopped walnuts.
- Mix thoroughly until the dough does not stick onto the hands.
- Pinch off some dough and form into a ball, make a small dent in the centre. Place the biscuits onto a baking sheet, leaving some room between each biscuit.
- Brush them with beaten egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 degrees C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before storing in cookie jar.
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover