A rice dish that is not difficult to prepare yet yummy as a 1 Dish Meal for an easy lunch or dinner.
150 gm brown rice - wash and drain
200 ml water or enough water
1 boneless chicken thigh - skin removed - cut cubes
1 Chinese sausage [lap cheong] - blanched in hot water then sliced
1 small piece of salted fish - wash and diced
1 spring onion - chopped
1 red chilli - chopped
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp chicken stock granules
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
a dash of pepper
- Marinade chicken with 1/4 of the seasoning ingredients.
- Cook brown rice in claypot with some oil [prevent rice from sticking to base while cooking]. When water boils and simmering [just when water is just drying up], pour 1/2 of the seasoning sauce over rice then spread marinate chicken, sausage and salted fish over rice.
- Cover to continue cooking rice and ingredients for 5-10 minutes on low heat till the fragrance of the marinated ingredients seeped into the rice. Off fire and leave rice covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle spring onions and chilli before serving.
- When serving, give it a good stir and dish out into individual bowls or plates to serve.
I served this rice dish with a simple vegetable soup.