There are so many versions/flavours of roast chicken wings which I have in hand. This sometimes makes it difficult to decide which to do first. Anyway, a simple one this time where the marinating ingredients are easily available in any kitchen.
I'm making quite a number cos' it's for a family gathering over the weekend but the recipe here is for making 10 pieces chicken wings. Moreover, the chicken seller has offered a discount too.
10 pieces chicken wings - cleaned and pat dry
a few tablespoons of honey
Marinating Sauce [Mix Together] for chicken
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp BBQ sauce [Can replace with worchester sauce]
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp oil
dash of pepper to taste
salt to taste
- Mix marinating ingredients in a bowl. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Add in cleaned and dried chicken wings. Mix well to coat with sauce.
- Transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Line baking tray with aluminium foil. Grease lightly with some oil.
- Arrange the wings in the tray and bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 15 minutes.
- Turn over chicken wings, baste with balance marinating sauce and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Turn over chicken wings again and brush with some honey. Baked/grill for another 5-10 minutes or until chicken wings are cooked and well glazed.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
I'm sharing this post with Muhibbah Malaysian Monday [November/Decemebr 2012] hosted by Suresh of 3 hungry tummies