|Mango Yoghurt Chiffon Cake|
My neighbour gave me quite a lot of mangoes from Ipoh. With mango yoghurt in my pantry, I tried baking a Mango Yoghurt Chiffon cake for her. Turns out well. Soft, moist and not too sweet.
Ingredients - Egg Yolk Mixture
3 large egg yolks
2 tbsp castor sugar
3 tbsp corn oil
80 ml mango flavoured yoghurt
80 gm plain flour
60 gm fresh mango - diced or cut small cubes [optional]
- Whisk egg yolks with castor sugar till creamy and add in corn oil [1 tbsp at a time]. Mix well after each addition. Then add in yoghurt. Mix well, fold in flour with mango until well combined. Set aside. Preheat oven at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the meringue.
Ingredients - Egg White Mixture
3 large egg white
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3 tbsp caster sugar
- Whisk egg white in a clean mixing bowl on high speed until frothy, then add in cream of tartar. Continue beating for a second and add in caster sugar gradually. Continue beating all the time till soft peaks formed [Note - it is easier to fold in soft peak egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture. Do not over beat meringue]
- Fold in 1/2 the egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture till well combined. Then fold into the balance egg white mixture. Fold till mixtures are well combined.
- Pour into 7" chiffon pan and bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes on lower rack.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert pan to cool cake before removing from pan.