With some roast duck meat left in the refrigerator, I thought it would be good to add some tasty sauce to it. Then steam it with cooked rice to make a 'One Dish Meal'. To me, this steamed duck rice tasted better than the duck rice sold at the hawker's stall. Definitely more duck meat, lol....
1/2 roast duck breast - chopped bite size pieces [deboned - optional]
1 roast duck drumstick - chopped bite size pieces [deboned - optional]
1 tsp each chopped garlic and ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil
some shredded carrot and spring onions
Seasoning Sauce [mix together]
1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce [Sweet Sauce]
1 -2 tbsp sugar to taste
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
salt to taste
1/2 - 3/4 cup water
1 tsp cornflour + 2 tsp water - for thickening
Cooked rice enough for 2-3 persons
- Heat sesame oil in wok to saute garlic and ginger until aromatic. Add in duck meat. Stir fry for a few seconds. Add in seasoning sauce. Quickly stir fry to combine well.
- Pour in water. Bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer for 5 minutes. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Add cornflour mix to thicken the gravy. Dish out to serve, garnishing with shredded carrot and spring onions. Serve with rice or as One Dish Meal.
For One Dish Meal - Steamed Roast Duck Meat Rice
- Put enough rice in individual serving dish [best with cover]. Arrange duck meat pieces over rice with enough gravy.
- Before serving, cover serving dish and steam rice over boiling water on high heat for about 20 minutes or until rice is hot. Remove from steamer, garnish with spring onions and carrot. Serve immediately.
I served this One Dish Meal with a vegetable dish - Stir fry Cabbage with tomatoes.