Sunday is usually a 'Noodle' day for me especially when I have several household chores to do or when I am doing some baking. It is a One Dish Meal with least preparation, cooking and cleaning up.
Since I am baking a cake and making the glutinous rice wrap and roll, preparing noodles for dinner will be just nice for me. I may still have time to 'look see, look see' at the shopping mall or do some blogging, lol...
2-3 pieces fried yee meen [store bought - either fine or broad type]* or enough for 2-3 persons
* blanched in hot water to remove excess oil, drain in colander, set aside
100 gm shelled prawns *
100 gm pork slices *
*marinate separately with a dash of salt, pepper and sesame oil
some crabmeat - optional [I added crabmeat as I have them in my fridge]
1 tbsp chopped garlic
3 dried Chinese mushrooms - soaked till soft and sliced thinly
2 stalks of mustard leaves [choy sum] washed and cut into 3cm lengths
some sliced red chilli in soy sauce or ready sambal belacan
1 tbsp oil
700 ml hot water
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1/2 - 3/4 tsp salt to taste
1/2 tsp sugar [optional]
1/4 tsp each of msg* and pepper
* I used original Ajinomoto 1909
1-2 tbsp cornflour + 2 tbsp water for thickening
- Heat oil in a pan [I used claypot] over medium fire. Saute garlic until fragrant, add in meat and cook for a few seconds. Add in prawns and cook until prawns are firm.
- Pour in hot water and add in all seasoning to taste. Bring to a boil again before adding yee meen and mustard leaves. Thicken gravy with cornflour mix when it boils again. Scoop up prawns and meat to the top.
- Serve immediately with chillies or sambal belacan.