I have seen some recipes for tea flavoured chiffon cake is a few food blogs and just wondering how these cakes will turn out. Anyway, I came across the Sri Lanka Black Tea Chiffon Cake in H
Ingredients - Egg Yolk Mixture
3 large egg yolks
2 tbsp castor sugar
40 ml [3 tbsp] corn oil
3 sachets Lipton tea - remove tea bags
55 ml hot milk mix with the tea
B. Flour Ingredients - sifted together
70 g cake flour + 1/8 tsp baking powder
C. Ingredients - Egg white/Meringue
3 large egg whites
60 g [4 tbsp] caster sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Mix hot milk with Lipton tea. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar, then add in corn oil, a tablespoon at a time. Continue whisking after each addition till well combined. Then add in tea mixture gradually, whisking as you add to egg mixture.
- Fold in flour to egg mixture until well combined. Set aside.
- Whisk egg white in a clean bowl until frothy, then add in cream of tartar. Continue whisking for a second and gradually add in the sugar. Continue whisking till soft peaks formed.
- Fold 1/3 portion of the meringue into egg yolk mixture until well combined. Then fold in the balance meringue to combine well. Pour into a clean 7" chiffon pan. Tap a few times on the table top to release trapped air.
- Bake in preheated oven at 175 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Invert pan immediately after removing from oven.
- Cool before removing cake from pan.
I'm submitting this post to Alphabakes August 2012 theme 'T' hosted by The More Occasional Bake and Caroline Makes.