I had bookmarked this cookie recipe from Happy Home Baking [see here] sometime back and just got to baked them this time. Then I realised that this recipe is quite similar to my other cookie recipe on Raisins, Walnut and Oatmeal Cookies. The only difference is raisins and dried cranberries. Anyway, both are good cookies that are easy to make and not too sweet as I reduced the sugar.
[makes 80 pieces - 2 small bottles]
90 gm butter
25 gm sugar
25 gm brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp salt
100 gm plain flour - sifted
100 gm oatmeal
50 gm dried cranberries - cut small cubes
- Beat butter with sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add in essence and egg, continue to beat until well combined.
- Mix flour with oatmeal. Add to creamed butter mixture and fold to incorporate ingredients.
- Lastly fold in cranberries and chopped walnuts.
- Drop a teaspoonful of dough onto baking tray lined with parchment paper, leaving some space in between dough.
- Baked in preheated oven at 175-180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes or golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to cool on wire rack before storing in airtight container.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover