This recipe is adapted from a TV cook show. The original recipe uses pork tenderloin slices which are deep fried and then cooked with the other ingredients with a sweet and sour seasoning.
As I happened to have some chicken breast fillets in hand, I had substituted the pork slices with chicken fillets.
I had used pan fried method instead of deep frying the meat fillets which requires only minimal amount of oil if using a non stick pan.
This dish turns out perfect, tasty sweet and sour but not overwhelming. The fried chicken fillets are tender and moist.
150 gm chicken breast fillet - sliced
1/2 green capsicum - cut diamond shape
1/2 yellow capsicum - cut diamond shape
1/2 red chilli - seeded and cut [can use red capsicum]
some spring onions - cut sections
some chopped garlic
1/2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp each of vinegar, wine,tomato sauce, sugar and water
a pinch of salt
- Marinate chicken fillet with some light soy sauce, dash of pepper and cornstarch. Mix in some oil and set aside.
- Add oil to a non stick pan, pan fry the chicken slices in batches until both sides are golden brown and cooked. Dish up.
- Using the same pan, saute garlic and spring onions until aromatic. Add in the remaining ingredients, stir to mix and add in the fried meat slices and pour in the seasoning.
- Keep stirring to coat well with the seasoning sauce.
- Dish up to serve with rice.