A dish even a novice cook can prepare, yet you may not realize it because is it that good. This dish is really tasty, delicious and appetising. Just this one dish is enough to go with a plate of plain white rice.
The meat slices are quick to cook and tender if you use pork tenderloin. The pineapple slices are soft and sweet, while the capsicums are still crunchy if not overcooked. The seasoning blends well with all the ingredients, tasting sweet and sourish.
200 gm pork tenderloin - sliced thinly
150 gm pineapple - cut 1 cm thick slices
1 tomato - cut wedges
1/4 green capsicum - cut wedges
1/4 yellow capsicum - cut wedges
1 red chilli - seeded and cut thick strips [you can use red capsicum if available]
50 ml water
1 tbsp each light soy sauce, cooking wine and Apple Cider vinegar
1/2-1 tsp brown sugar
- Marinate meat slices with 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce, dash of pepper and sugar [an add 1 tbsp beaten egg if preferred]. Mix before adding 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch. Mix well.
- Pour 1/2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add in the marinated meat slices. Stir continuously to ensure meat slices are evenly cooked. Dish up.
- Using the same pan, add in the pineapple slices and fry till soft, then return fried meat to pan. Add tomato wedges and seasoning. Stir to mix well.
- Lastly add in the remaining ingredients and some water. Stir fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Dish up to serve with rice.