One of the simplest recipe but this dish is nice. The fried cai por sauce is fragrant and tasty. A good steaming sauce for the bland, soft tofu. I enjoyed it very much.
This is a small portion but you can always increase the portion if preparing for more people. You can prepared it way ahead of meal time and steamed just before serving.
Recipe adapted from My White Kitchen with modifications
1-2 pieces tofu - keep whole or sliced
some chopped spring onions - for garnishing
20 gm salty cai por - rinsed
20 gm sweet cai por - rinsed
1 tbsp each of chopped shallots and garlic
some chopped red chilli
1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Place tofu slices on steaming plate.
- Heat a non stick pan, add 1/2 tbsp, saute shallots and garlic until fragrant. Add in chopped cai por and red chilli.
- Continue to fry until aromatic. Add in oyster sauce.
- Dish out and place over tofu slices.
- Steam over high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove, garnish with spring onions. Serve hot.