These cookies are crispy and fragrant. Love the savoury and sweet taste, quite different for the usual sweet cookies. I have replaced the Korean seaweed with Japanese seaweed for this recipe.
Recipe adapted from Baking Taitai with modification
[makes 90 pieces]
250 gm butter
50 gm icing sugar
250 gm potato starch
160 gm cake flour/plain flour
50 gm crispy meat floss
20 gm Japanese seaweed [break into smaller pieces]
- Beat butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Sift potato starch and flour together. Combine with floss and seaweed. Mix well.
- Fold  into , mix well into a soft dough [chill dough if it is too soft].
- Divide into small portions, roll into rounds and place of a lined baking tray. Lightly press dough with a fork to flatten.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 degrees C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on wire rack before storing in airtight containers.