WISHING ALL MY FRIENDS/VISITORS AT THIS SITE
"A VERY HAPPY, SAFE AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR 2017"
There are several stir fry meat dishes and other quick cook dishes from this cookbook which I feel are very suitable for the coming Chinese New Year, too. Basically, most of the recipes require minimal number of ingredients and all look awesome. I have tried several and will be sharing with all of you this month.
Probably, I will prepare these dishes during the Chinese New Year at my mother in-law's place when I have to prepare my hubby's siblings's daily meals for days. These quick cook recipes will come in handy during such busy times.
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine No. 93 [my selected cookbook for January 2017 Cookbook Countdown Event] with slight modifications
2-3 deboned chicken whole legs - cut into pieces
1 cucumber - cut into wedges
enough oil for pan-fry
1/2-1 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame seed oil
1-2 tbsp cornstarch
Seasoning Sauce - Mixed
2-3 tbsp black vinegar
2-3 tbsp tomato sauce
1-2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Marinate chicken pieces with marinade. Mix well.
- Heat up a non stick wok with some oil, pan fry chicken pieces until golden brown. Dish up and drain [you can deep fry chicken].
- Leave some oil in wok, add in cucumber, chicken and stir fry to mix well.
- Pour in the seasoning sauce, stir well to coat chicken pieces with sauce. [I added a little more water as my hubby prefers more sauce to spread over the rice].
- Dish up to serve immediately.