Though busy, still managed to select a few recipes for cookies which I have bookmarked to do long ago. This is a nice, aromatic, savoury and sweet meat floss cookies. These are rather addictive and you wouldn’t stop with one or two.
I like to recommend using the crispy type of meat floss for these cookies. You can use just white sesame seeds or a combination of black and white sesame seeds and increase the amount of meat floss according to own preference.
My opinion is, this recipe is a keeper if you are looking for a meat floss cookie recipe. An easy recipe yet awesome result.
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine No. 82 with modifications
[makes 120 pieces]
200 gm butter
120 gm brown sugar
½ tsp salt
400 gm plain flour + 1 tsp baking soda – sifted
40 gm toasted sesame seeds
100 gm crispy meat floss
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until creamy and light. Add in the eggs and whisk until fluffy.
- Combine sifted flour with meat floss and sesame seeds, mix well.
- Fold  into  and mix into a dough.
- Divide into small portion, roll into rounds and place on a lined baking tray.
- Lightly press each rounds with a pork to flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 degrees C for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove to cool on wire rack and store in airtight