This chicken dish isn’t that hot and spicy as named. It is rather mild but very aromatic and tasty. I love the thick consistency of the gravy and flavourful chicken pieces. This dish should be fairly dry. Awesome with piping hot rice.
I added some Basil leaves for colour and a refreshing aroma. Overall, it is a lovely curry which I believe would taste even better after resting.
3 deboned chicken whole legs – cut bite size pieces
Some basil leaves - optional
2-3 tbsp oil
Marinade For Chicken
2 tbsp chilli paste
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp grated ginger
Curry Paste [Mixed]
1 ½ tbsp meat curry powder
2 stalks coriander roots – finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped cekur leaves [kencur leaves]
2 stalks lemongrass [white part only] – lightly smashed
2 tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ tbsp chicken stock granules
1 tbsp fish sauce
- Marinade chicken for at least an hour.
- Heat oil in wok, add in curry paste and fry until aromatic.
- Put in marinated chicken and fry for 5 minutes until meat turns firm.
- Add in seasoning and enough water to cover the meat. Stir fry to combine then simmer until chicken turns tender and gravy is thick.
- Lastly, stir in basil leaves to cook. Dish up to serve with rice.