This is another easy fried rice recipe which I prepared which is tasty and delicious as usual. Fried rice is popular and easily accepted by many especially young children or teenagers cos’ it is always that aromatic which way it is fried so long as there are eggs in it.
Here, I used the Seri Aji Kampong Style Fried Rice Mix [from Ajinomoto] as seasoning for the rice. The seasoning tasted sweet so do not omit the other seasoning ingredients. Simply easy.
3 cups cooked cooled rice [from about 1 cup uncooked rice]
2 eggs – mix with dash of pepper
2-3 tbsp oil
50 gm prawns – diced
50 gm chicken fillet - diced
4 tbsp frozen mixed vegetables or more
1 piece 5 spice flavoured firm beancurd - cubed
1 tbsp each light soy sauce and oyster sauce
Dash of pepper
½ sachet Seri Aji Ala Kampung Fried Rice Mix]
1 tsp sesame oil
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick wok, pour in egg and scramble until almost cooked. Dish up.
- Reheat wok with 1-2 tbsp oil, fry beancurd until lightly brown,add prawns and chicken. Fry until cooked.
- Add in rice and stir constantly until fragrant to combine well.
- Add in seasoning, scrambled eggs and mixed vegetables, toss over high heat until well combined and rice is light.
- Dish up to serve, garnish with spring onions and chilli.
Tips – for best results in frying rice, use cooked rice that is cooled or preferably kept overnight and always stir ingredients well after each addition over medium to high heat.