HOW ABOUT SHARING A CAKE RECIPE
AS MY FIRST POST IN 2016?
I REMEMBERED MY LAST POST FOR 2015
WAS ALSO A CAKE?
MAY THIS YEAR BE A GREAT, HAPPY AND SAFE YEAR
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016 TO ALL
I have bookmarked this recipe to do for a long time but never got down to do it until recently. The batter is easy and quick to prepare.
Basically, I find the cake similar to orange butter cake. Baked with good quality butter, it is very buttery, with the fragrance of orange and tasty. The cake is soft, moist and is of fine texture. It is not too sweet, acceptable to me.
Recipe adapted from Jess of Bakericious
[use a 7 or 8 inch greased and lined square baking pan]
250 gm salted butter – room temperature
180 gm castor sugar
4 medium eggs
Zest of 1 orange
250 gm self raising flour
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees C.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and very pale with an electric mixer.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. If necessary, add a spoonful of flour with the last egg to prevent the mixture from curdling.
- Beat in the orange zest.
- Fold in the flour all at once and mix well. Gradually, drizzle in the orange juice and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into baking tin and bake on middle rack for 40-45 minutes or until skewer when inserted comes out clean.
- Leave cake to cool on rack for 10-15 minutes before unmoulding.