A healthy soup for the family with simple ingredients. This is a quick boil soup with vegetables [you can add more of the vegetable if you like] and you need not have another stir fry vegetable.
150 gm lean meat - washed and keep whole
200 gm wolfberry leaves [kou gei]
4-5 pieces of tong sum
4-5 Chinese red dates
1 tbsp wolfberries [kei chi]
700 ml water
salt and pepper to taste
dash of pepper and chicken stock granules
- Bring water to boil with tong sum and red dates for several minutes.
- Add in the meat. Boil until meat is cooked and tender.
- Add in seasoning to taste, kei chi and lastly the wolfberry leaves.
- Bring to boil for 1-2 minutes until leaves are cooked.
- Off heat, remove the meat and cut into slices.
- Return meat slices to soup and serve immediately.