Baked another cheddar cheese cheesecake again but this time with chocolate flavour. The cake didn't shrink much.Ingredients
[use 7" loose bottom round cake tin]50 gm cake flour - sifted
3 egg yolks
50 gm butter
3 slices of cheddar cheese [about 30 gm]
50 ml milk
50 gm cooking chocolate - melted
- Using double boil method, dissolve cheddar cheese with butter, then add in melted chocolate and milk. Mix well and set aside to cool.
- Sieve flour into a mixing bowl, add in egg yolks and cooled melted cheese and butter mixture.
- Whisk on medium high speed until creamy and ingredients are well combined. Set aside while you prepare the egg white and preheat oven at 150 degrees C.
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
50 gm sugar
- In another clean bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy, add in cream of tartar. Continue beating and gradually add in sugar in 3 batches.
- Whisk on medium high speed until soft to stiff peaks formed.
- Pour half [1/2] meringue into egg yolk mixture. Mix well to incorporate ingredients.
- Then pour into balance meringue. Mix well.
- Pour batter into a lined loose bottom 7" round cake tin. Smooth the surface with a use of spatula.
- Steam baked [use 1 1/2 cups water] in baking tray.
- Baked in preheated oven at 150 degrees for 70 minutes. Remove from pan immediately to cool on rack [cake base is firm and dry]. This time I left the baked cake in the oven to cool for 1 hour before removing and standing cake on a pedestal to cool further. Chill cake for several hours before slicing.