Looks quite a weird fried rice but the taste is good and very healthy. If you see the ingredients you would understand what I'm trying to say. This rice dish has at least 5 colour ingredients. Someone told me if you eat 5 coloured food daily, your body [5 main organs] is well taken care.
Five Colours that Nourish Five Organs [read more from this website]
Red - Heart
Black - Kidney
Green - Liver
White - Lungs
Yellow - Spleen and stomach
2 bowls cooked rice
3 dried mushrooms [soaked and diced]
1 pieces 5 spice firm bean curd [diced]
1 small carrot [diced]
a few french beans [cut small pieces] or 3 tbsp mixed frozen vegetables
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp minced ginger
1-2 tbsp red yeast rice residue[ang chow]
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat sesame oil, saute ginger until fragrant. Add in mushrooms, beancurd and carrots.
- Fry for several seconds, then add in rice and all the seasoning ingredients.
- Toss and stir fry until well mixed.
- Add in the green beans or mixed vegetables. Continue to fry until vegetables are cookd through.
- Taste to adjust seasoning. Dish out to serve immediately.