Quite a simple to prepare spicy, sourish noodles using tom yam paste. The main ingredients for this dish are noodles and the gravy sauce. The rest can be according to your own preference or whatever that are suitable which you can find in your fridge. I have added shredded cabbage and carrots to the noodles because I'm serving it as a 1 Dish Meal. It's optional and you can use any of your favourite vegetables.
150 - 200 gm noodles
1 tbsp sesame oil
1-2 chicken thigh - shredded
1 piece firm beancurd - optional [fried and diced]
some nori seaweed - small strips or pieces
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
some chopped spring onions and coriander leaves
400 ml water
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1-2 tbsp tom yam paste
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
- Bring water to boil. Add in chicken thighs to cook for several minutes or until cooked. Dish out to cool and shredded. Set aside.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to boiling water. Taste to adjust seasoning. Thicken with cornstarch mixture.
- In another pot, bring enough water to boil. Blanched vegetables. Dish out, drain off excess water. Place on individual serving plate.
- Using the same water, blanched noodles until cooked or al dente. Remove and drain off excess water and add sesame oil and toss well.
- To serve, place noodles on top of blanched vegetables, top with shredded chicken and fried beancurd [if using]. Spoon hot tom yam gravy sauce over noodles.
- Top with some nori seaweed, sesame seeds and chopped spring onions/coriander leaves.
- Some tom yam paste are quite salty and spicy. You may have to adjust the quantity use according to your taste.
- you can use fresh noodles [wantan noodles] or dried noodles according to your own preference.