A zesty sauce pork ribs recipe that needs sometime to braise until the ribs are tender before adding sugar. The braising sauce can be used to cook chicken, pork, fish or prawns. The only adjustments needed are the quantity of water and cooking time.
300 gm meaty pork ribs
1/3 cup white rice vinegar [I used apple cider vinegar]
1-2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 cups water
4 tbsp light brown sugar
- Wash and blanched pork ribs in boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Drain away water and rinsed pork ribs.
- Marinate with vinegar, tomato ketchup and soy sauce for several hours or overnight.
- Bring water to boil, then add in the marinated pork ribs together with the marinade.
- Boil over high heat for 10-15 minutes, then reduce to lower heat and simmer until ribs are tender [may need to add more water if ribs are not tender enough].
- When pork ribs are tender, add in the sugar. Cook over high heat to reduce the gravy or thicken with cornstarch.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with steaming hot rice.