I used this as filling for my 1:2 Ratio Wholemeal Steamed Buns [recipe posting tomorrow]. This filling can also be used for baked buns.
[makes about 350 gm filling - enough for 16 buns]
60 gm castor sugar [original recipe uses 100 gm]
2 tbsp condensed milk
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp water
250 gm grated white coconut
1 tbsp custard powder mix with 1 tbsp water
- Place sugar, condensed milk, salt and water in a non stick pan. Turn to medium low heat to dissolve the sugar.
- Add in grated coconut. Stir to mix the ingredients well.
- Add in custard solution and continue to stir and mix well.
- Continue to fry until coconut is almost dry but moist. It should leave the sides of the pan clean.
- Dish out to cool and refrigerate before using.