I followed the basic ingredients from Happy Flour's recipe but I reduced the sugar because I think sweet potatoes are sweet. I prefer chiffon cakes that are not too sweet. The cake turns out well and I think the texture should be better if large eggs were used.
Ingredients for Egg Yolk Mixture
3 egg yolks [used large eggs]
1-2 tbsp castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
70 gm orange sweet potato [skinned, steamed and mashed]
60 ml coconut milk or fresh milk [I used fresh milk]
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar and salt till creamy, then drizzle in oil. Continue whisking for awhile then drizzle in coconut milk/fresh milk. Lastly stir in mashed sweet potato. Fold in the flour, combine well. Set aside while you whisk the egg white. Preheat oven at 175 degrees C.
70 gm cake flour sifted
Ingredients for Egg White Mixture
3 egg white
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Whisk egg white until frothy then add in cream of tartar. Continue whisking until foamy then gradually add in sugar. Whisk until soft peaks formed.
- Fold in 1/3 portion of meringue into egg yolk mixture. Mix until well incorporated. Then fold mixture into balance meringue, Mix well.
- Pour batter into 7" chiffon pan and bake in preheated oven at 175 degrees C for 40 minutes.
- Invert pan immediately after baking to cool cake before removing from pan.